Sales Representatives, Distributors and Franchise Lawyers
Support for independent manufacturer representatives and sales representatives
The attorneys at Kramer & Kramer have more than 75 years of combined experience protecting independent sales representatives. Our contract and litigation lawyers understand the special issues facing sales representatives, agencies and franchisees.
Lawyers creating solutions for businesses nationwide
Our team successfully resolves the unique issues facing businesses that distribute medical devices, manufacture motion control equipment, and sell a variety of products as distributors and sales representatives. We have been chosen to represent trade associations of businesses selling medical devices and other technical products, including:
- IMDA (medical device distributors)
- Power-Motion Technology Representatives Association (PTRA)
- Manufacturers’ Agents National Association (MANA)
We provide a free initial consultation as a special service to members of IMDA, PTRA and MANA.
Our services to manufacturers’ representatives
Some of the ways we help representatives build a stronger, more profitable business include:
- Our contract attorneys negotiate and review rep-principal contracts to make the agreements more beneficial to the representatives.
- Our trial lawyers litigate to enforce sales rep contracts and protect sales reps’ commission claims. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars in disputed commission claims for our clients, just over the last few years.
- We facilitate the sales, mergers and acquisitions of rep organizations.
- Our team develops effective exit strategies, including succession planning and documentation to provide for the next generation.
- We advise and represent reps concerning non-competition and non-solicitation provisions, and litigate these issues when necessary.
- Our counsel prepares employment and independent contractor agreements for rep agencies’ own employees and sales forces.
- We advise reps on business and strategic issues.
Successful, cost-effective counsel to distributors and franchisees
Our attorneys represent and counsel dealers, distributors and franchisees located across the country that operate in a wide range of industries and service sectors. Our contract and litigation attorneys provide distributors and franchisees with expert and cost-effective legal services in this highly technical area of law, including:
- Evaluating and counseling about potential business opportunities
- Drafting and advising about distribution and franchise agreements
- Assisting clients with cancelling or terminating distribution and franchise agreements
- Vigorously representing clients in litigation, mediation and arbitration
- Advocating against wrongful termination of franchise and distributor agreements
- Protecting clients from territorial infringement
- Helping clients with franchise, distribution and licensing matters
Contact an experienced attorney to protect and grow your business
Kramer & Kramer has two offices in Ann Arbor, Michigan and Rydal, Pennsylvania and represents clients throughout the country.
Call Kramer & Kramer at (800) 451-7466 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.