Barbara Kramer is a partner in the Ann Arbor office of the business law firm Kramer & Kramer. She has more than 20 years of experience representing regional and national corporations in the manufacturing, distribution, technology and medical device industries. Her practice focuses on representing sales representatives and distribution companies in litigation, and legal and business counseling in the areas of:
- Contract negotiation and preparation
- Restrictive covenants (non-compete and non-solicitation issues) and employment issues
- Complex commercial disputes — including contract issues and dealer, sales representatives and franchise disputes
- Termination of sales representative, distribution and employment contracts
- Medical device sales
- Recovery of unpaid commissions
Barbara's experience spans all forms of dispute resolution — including mediation, arbitration and litigation in federal and state courts throughout the country. She has successfully recovered millions of dollars of clients' unpaid commissions and lost profits. She enjoys developing a deep understanding of her clients' businesses and helping them to achieve their long-term business goals, while assisting them with all aspects of their day-to-day business needs.
Barbara is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA) — a trial lawyer honorary society comprising less than one half of one percent of American lawyers. LCA recognizes lawyers for their effectiveness and accomplishments in litigation and for their superior ethical reputations.
Barbara is committed to serving her community. She provides pro bono services to various organizations in Michigan and serves on numerous local and international boards — including the J.F. Kapnek Charitable Trust, Girls Group! and the Jewish Federation of Washtenaw County.
- J.D. Georgetown University Law Center
- American Criminal Law Review, Chairperson of Equal Justice Foundation
- B.A. Columbia University
- Michigan (all Courts)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th Circuits